NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Thursday

Suitcase Friends: Guest Post by Maria Elyse

Hello lovely readers of The Littlest Polly! My name's Maria Elyse, from First Impressions! I'm so excited to be here guest posting for Polly! 
I live down the road from a gorgeous lake; I love it on cloudy, crisp, windy days when the sky is grey and the waves reach for the clouds and then tumble back down. I also love Peter Pan, coffee, peanut butter, opera, foxes and swans, writing novels, stories, and poems, and going on adventures. Over the past couple years I've gotten more and more into shopping at thrift stores, which also drew me to a love of vintage clothing and antiques. Really, I always have loved antiques since I was very young, thanks to my Grandma Audrey and her fantastically beautiful collection of antiques all over every inch of her house.
For those of you who are die-hard Littlest Polly readers, you know that Polly absolutely adores vintage suitcases! I just found this gorgeous one a week or two ago at an amazing antique shop. Every time I see it in my room I instantly think, "Polly!" So of course it had to be in this guest post. And I even made my own little bowtie with a vintage scarf! 'Cause Polly loves bow ties, too! ♥
I bought this dress at Target earlier this summer, and it is so Audrey Hepburn. Every time I wear it I feel like I'm in Breakfast at Tiffany's or something, haha. Even if my hair is dirty, or I'm having a bad day, or if I just wear it for an hour. It just has that instant Audrey effect. Love it. Oh, and it has pockets. It's like the amazing turn-into-Audrey-Hepburn-dress-with-pockets. Win? Yes.
I hope you all are having a lovely day! Thanks for having me, Polly! xo Maria Elyse

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! And she kinda looks like you, Polly!

Paulie Antiques said...

haha, yes! I think we could almost pass for twins some days!♥

Another Diamond Day said...

Love your pics! HEy I 'd love to be penpals! I wanted to email you my address but couldn't find your email address.

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Aw, a perfect guest post for Polly's blog! These photos are fabulous...I love when you take photos by the lake.

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Such gorgeous photos, it looks beautiful where you live! I love the suitcase, I bet it has so much history to it.. xx

stuph said...

twinsies!! too cute. :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

So funny to see you guestposting here. For some reason I always mix your blogs up! Such a great guestpost! x

kimbirdy said...

first thought: does polly have a sister?! second thought: that trench coat is so cute! i love the sleeves - so feminine.

I am a Rabbit said...

i wouldn't mind living there! so prettty! and lovin' the suitcase :)

Amanda said...

What a lovely blog!

Amelia said...

so pretty! i love the scarf tied in a bow like that. pretty, pretty girls-both of you :)

Maria Elyse said...

Thanks for letting me guest post, Polly! ♥ It made my day! :)

xo
Maria