NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Saturday

Outfit: Hot Child in the NYCity

 So, I've been living in New York City for three weeks now. I found a clean, large room with a nice Dominican family and their 3 year old child in Washington Heights which is North of Harlem on the island of Manhattan. As long as you're on the island, you're technically considered to live in Manhattan... to think of it as an island is yet another story in it's entirety! It's humid like an island, that is for certain! I've been kept pretty busy and creative at Lori Goldstein's office the past three weeks, and I am excited to see what is coming next week at Lori's office for NYFW! My first year being involved with NYFW is a total dream so far... You better believe that I'll be hightailing it to the area the shows are being held just to see everyone! These shoes have been a perk about my internship,too! I moved to New York with only one pair of shoes... it was a little rough. My bagpack was FULL and so heavy and it was SO humid in the city- I couldn't hardly stand it with my Asthma. The air is heavier here- not only with smog, but with the people living in the city- who have run throughout it their entire lives and continue to do so every day JUST in order to survive and pay rent. Many are incredibly genuine and caring people who are willing to lend you whatever they can possibly help you with. It's not an easy thing to fathom upon college graduation- but thankfully I have another job stitching at a costume shop called iLuminate which is so fun! I am also looking in the West Village for a waitressing job. Maybe I'll be your waitress some day... should I wear the pink wig? Hehe.......
My interview with Teen Vogue proved to be very interesting, too.... The security is very tight in the Conde Nast building. I was happy to see the sign for myself... and not just via media :D We will see if I get the job- I am praying my hardest to make the most of myself in this city. Also, do you remember watching the episode of Sex and the City titled 'Hot Child in the City'? I've loved that show so intensely ever since high school (circa 2007). I love that episode, too... Wah! I love the random things that happen while living in NYC! XO!
Outfit details: 
shoes: Zara
dress: clothing store in Washington Heights
belt: vintage
Hat: antique, was for sale at Paulie Antiques until I snagged it back! (Paulie Antiques is on vacation, for a short time, while I get settled in NYC!)
love, polly

14 comments:

Kimberley said...

Love the hat and the purse!

Saida Cane said...

thank you for commenting on my blog :)
your blog is lovely, i want to visit new york so much!
lots of love
saida xx

http://saidacanephotography.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your wedges are so fab!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Bisma Rauf said...

Thanks dear...followed ya back on GFC, Bloglovin and Google+

Keep in Touch
xoxo

Unknown said...

great post! you look great, cool hair. would you like to follow eachother?
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Ileana said...

WOW! Love the golden dress :D
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

Sammi said...

You are looking stunning in these photos, Polly! I like that I get to live (slash relive) vicariously through you for now. I miss New York, but it certainly is not for the weak at heart! I can't believe you moved with just one pair of shoes!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

what a beautiful bag! :) -jules
www.myladybakes.com

Emma said...

Sounds like you're having the most amazing time in New York Polly, I'm so excited for you and all that lies ahead, I know you will succeed, you are so talented! Grea tot hear you have somewhere to live too. I'm sure you'll tell us all about your NYFW adventures!

That dress is unreal!

Emma x

Lauren said...

I immediately knew it was a SATC reference! I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all night now. Love the top photo x

Viva La DIY said...

So very much impressed & wish you continued success.
♡ Dulce

Lily Fang said...

Girl, big old New York! How exciting! Fingers crossed for you for Teen Vogue. It sounds like you're adjusting pretty well too--the city is a lot to take in at first!

In love with your bold style--only you could pull off that rockin gold dress!

Photostorming said...

I'd rather prefer to see you in your real hair, cause they look a little artificial! :)
Good luck for your new 2 jobs, waitress job and in all adventures! I've just came back from NYC and I believe that this city is the best ocean to be drown ;)

Take care!

http://photostorms.blogspot.com

Paulie Antiques said...

I don't know where the artificial stops and the real begins