NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Friday

on using scarves as tops...

I've been looping Lou Reed on my computer and in my car for about a week now... I just can't get enough of him! Isn't his music fantastic? I could listen all day. 
I've really been wearing long scarves as tops A LOT lately... First off, it's hotter than ever here in northern Illinois. Second... you don't have to worry about wearing any kind of annoying understructure. Of course, this may pose a problem for some, but if you're the right size for the scarf you chose... I think you'll understand what I am talking about! Just make sure not to tie it too lose or too tight... you need to protect yourself from unexpected mishaps leading to embarrassment! XO
Outfit details: booties- Jeffrey Campbell via Free People
skirt- I made for the Spring 2012 Paulie Antiques fashion show!
top- my mother's vintage scarf tied in a bow
hat- vintage, 1980's, Goodwill
Sunglasses- borrowed
You can also see this trend in the newest photoshoot I styled from Paulie Antiques where the Wentworth sisters are both wearing scarves for tops!
P.S. You can also vote for this post by clicking the heart on the Teen Vogue Fashion Click blog.. you don't have to be signed in. Thank you for your support!!
love, polly

13 comments:

Despina T. said...

beautiful look!what a lovely skirt.love how you made this scarf to a top and your sunnies.

miss teacups said...

I love that what you've done with the scarf. I used to do this a lot and play around with larger scarves so not so much midriff is showing hehe :) You look stunning

Yajaira said...

cute skirt
love the hat

http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

Faye said...

Not sure if I could pull off the scarf-as-top look but it looks great on you! I also love the Jeffrey Campbells :)
Faye x

Amelia said...

ohh i agree with faye, you look lovely. i don't know that i could rock it, but you certainly certainly do :)

Amelia said...

ps. just received my dress from shabby apple! look for it on my blog soon xo

Doganiam Motyle said...

amazing look, cute

chimidama said...

haven't thought of this. might try this..

thank you polly!

Juliet said...

Your hat is stunning ! I love him :)

Anupriya DG said...

Love your skirt, specially the bow at the back! :)

And the Paulie Antiques shoot looks great!! <3

Unknown said...

This look is too cute!

Your newest follower Ashton from:
sexdrugsmarriage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Using scarves like that is so clever. I did it alot last summer. :)

Chloe said...

What a great idea! I must try this out one time. :]

kookyquirkycute.blogspot.com

xx