NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Tuesday

a scale, a mirror, and those indifferent clocks..

I've been a fan of clocks for quite some time now. Since my Grandmother Kutch bought me a vintage 1950's working clock purse for my 20th birthday, I haven't stopped thinking about them. This brings me to another artist who is somewhat obsessed with clocks: Conor Oberst. His album, "Fevers and Mirrors" is my second favorite album of his and it deals with the theme of clocks pushing time backward and forward. This is very close to my heart due to the fact that I constantly feel trapped in other eras....
When my friend Binky (who works in the prop shop) left this beautiful dress and some vintage gloves on my shelf in the costume shop... I was confused. After looking at it a second time... I realized it was perfect. It also fits me perfectly! It's just the right dress to layer over my new petticoat from Salvation Army!
outfit details:
vintage leather boots: ebay
vintage clock dress: gift
vintage petticoat: Salvation Army
Vintage 1950's floral pin: Rebecca's Antiques in Taylorville
vintage gold threader necklace: gift from my Grandmother Kutch
vintage blue circular suitcase: flea market in Edwardsville
vintage mustard cloche: Dandelion Vintage
Hope you're having a productive Tuesday!
love, polly

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Polly! This clock dress is just gorgeous! And love all the autumn tones in this outfit ...
Kelly xo

Kailey said...

This is such a gorgeous look! I absolutely adore the color of that suitcase *__*

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

That dress is darling! The unique clock print is so cool!

Anonymous said...

I really love your dress... :)

Love Simple Green

The Peanut Gallery said...

love everything! i wish someone would leave me that dress!

MySpecialAgent said...

*woot* Fevers and Mirrors is one of my favorite albums ever.

This Charming Style said...

This is so lovely Polly, that dress is amazing! You look gorgeous girl! xx

ftashion said...

Stunning dress and it's perfect for u!

Ft
http://ftashion.blogspot.com/

Anupriya DG said...

LOVE the print on that dress!! <3

MyLifeInDots said...

I want that dress! It's adorable <3

I wish I was a giant anteater said...

All the clocks on your dress reminds me of the W H Auden poem 'As I walked out one evening'...

"But all the clocks in the city
Began to whirr and chime:
'O let not Time deceive you,
You cannot conquer Time."

That's just a snippet from the middle. Your dress is as lovely as the poem!
x

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

That dress is simply amazing, Polly!

Jul said...

Such a darling dress! I love the clock pattern and how you paired it with your boots :) a wonderful autumn outfit!

http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wow! I totally love the boots and this fantastic dress!! Tick tock tick tock :)

Midwest Muse said...

I've never wanted a dress so badly. It's stunning.

Amber said...

never seen a clock print dress before. definitely unique. I am especially enamored with your hat.

Anonymous said...

I love love love the hat, I wish I could wear hats like that, but alas my noggin is to large :-(

Laura Shane said...

polly, you're simply charming. the end.

tea-atnoon.blogspot.com

MyLifeInDots said...

thank you so much for the comment ! You made me really happu ^^


xx

http://daydreamdoodle.blogspot.com

MyLifeInDots said...

OH! thank you so much for following my blog with google friend connect! <3

HUG xxx

http://daydreamdoodle.blogspot.com

MyLifeInDots said...

you totally deserve it Polly !
I love your blog ^^
I discovered your blog on BlogLovin :)
I'm following you there too (just so you know, it's annoying you can't see who's following you there :p)

Lots of love,
Me

http://daydreamdoodle.blogspot.com

Liz Lizo said...

wow, love this, dont even know where to start, the clock print on the dress is fantastic and the circular suitcase is divine. Lucky girl, you have some amazing vintage finds and gifts.

xx
Liz Lizo
VOGUED-OUT

Lauren Hairston said...

Love this outfit! I'm not sure which piece I like the best, but I definitely like the whole shebang all together! Hope you're enjoying school this semester!

keziah-faye said...

POlly! This is a wonderful post! It's Keziah by the way! I have set up a new blog! If you want to follow me I would really appreciate it! I hope it will grow like yours x