NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Friday

Scalloped Shorts DIY

Hi! I've had this idea in my head for quite some time and now I've finally accomploshed it! I love accomplishing goals you set for yourself.. it feels so good... doesn't it?.
1. choose a pair of trousers that you don't particularly mind cutting up! 2. measure out how long you want your shorts to be compared to your legs (make sure they are the same length) and cut notches to help if needed. Cut off at desired length 3. pin front and back together and use fabric scissors to scallop (or your own design) the new bottoms (the hem) of your shorts! I used an anti-fray glue at the end to stop shredding and keep things looking tidy. You can also hand stitch the bottoms for a more home made look! Enjoy! 
love, polly :)

11 comments:

Kailey said...

Ooh what a wonderful tutorial! Those shorts look SO. CUTE. Thank you so much for sharing! Reaching goals like these must be a wonderful feeling <3

Anastasia from Natbeesfashion said...

Cool tutorial!
x

ftashion said...

So pretty!! Gosh, I want to try this tutorial but I can't decide which pants to cut up!

Ft
ftashion

♥ Nadine said...

Oh my! That is neat! Looks totally cute!

Here's to a happy weekend. xoxo.

jen said...

it is amazing how you think of these things and then actually do them. i don't think i'm crafty enough to even come close. very cute and i love the color : )

life spelled jen

xoDanielle said...

CUUUTE!

Jasmine said...

Polly ♥

That is brilliant ! haha i wish could even sew :(

This Charming Style said...

Fabulous DIY! I really want to try it, I love scalloped edges :) xx

Le Placard said...

this is so clever!
xo sylvie

http://www.laplacard.com

Paulie Antiques said...

thank you so much! <3

Opal Wells said...

These turned out wonderfully. That second look is so unique and inspiring. I love it!!

Oh, is it too late to apologize for last week? Drinking all day gets Ev and I into trouble. Yikes... Thanks again for the ride!!