NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Sunday

Steamed Pea Spinach Salad

Believe it or not, my favorite meal is a salad. I usually always have organic spinach and greens on hand, but sometimes I really want something that is warm. With this salad, I washed the spinach and greens in cold water and placed them in the bowl. I grated parmesan cheese on top of the salad and then boiled some frozen peas. After the peas were steamed, I drained them and laid the warm peas on top. It's really nice to have warm peas in any salad... it makes it way more satisfying! I also added a packet of Good Seasonings to some vinegar, oil and water salad dressing to this salad to top it off. Yum!  
Usually I cut up an entire apple on top of my salads, but I liked how simple this one was. Do you have a favorite salad? Share it with us in the comments if you'd like!
love, polly

10 comments:

Victoria Pardo said...

Looks really good and healthy :)
My favorite salad must have tuna, and tomato is always good too :)
Have an amazing day!
http:sheseeksvictoria.wordpress.com

Erica D said...

I love salad too but in order to eat peas I have to saute them with seasoning.

-Erica
http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

mmm healthy! I'll have to try it :)

I like making taco salad. Basically everything in a taco, but not in a taco. A good way to use leftovers.

Also, throw good balsamic vinaigrette on anything and it's tasty. [well probably not aanything.].

Lucia Berta said...

Yes, I love salad too! Will try your favorite salad, looks so yummy :)

Rowanne said...

SUCH A GOOD IDEA!! im going to have this for my dinner tonight xx

http://stylesamples.blogspot.co.uk/

Purple said...

I can't say I'm the biggest salad fan, but this looks so yummy!

KatXoXo said...

These looks absolutely delicious! I must try it!!

Glitter Detector said...

Looks so yummy!! xx

Palais Studios said...

Your blog is such a delight to read! You just got a new follower from Denmark :)
Have a great day and keep up the good work!
Mikkel Weiss
www.mikkelweiss.com

MILEX said...

lovee