NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Wednesday

A Journey through my Scrapbook Portfolio

I completed this portfolio a few days before moving to New York City and I am so glad I updated it from my previous one. It was such a unique and fun project and I feel like I still left so much out... I will be updating this throughout the years and I made sure to pick pages that I could remove from the binder in case I needed to update! I love this portfolio- but it's really meant for people to see in person. I have a completely different digital portfolio designed by my friend Benji that I send over the internet to employers. Enjoy! 
The introduction page to the portfolio featuring Bella Ritz styled by me and shot by Nathan Adhikari for the Paulie Antiques Summer Look Book 2012.
My Spring 2012 Handmade Runway Look Book for College Fashion Week at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign! I made every piece of clothing featured! Such a great time!! I had four female models and also two male models wearing my handmade bow ties. Photos by me.
Allegra & Elena Wentworth modeling for the shoot I styled called, "Dried Nature" Shot by Nathan Adhikari.
A re-print of an article from the Daily Illini in Champaign. This re-print was featured in the Breeze Courier in my home town, Taylorville, Illinois.
My designs for Little Shop of Horrors at University of Illinois' Lincoln Hall Theatre. Assistant Designer Jennifer Jones and photos by Nathan Adhikari.
A blouse I made (upper left) and a cloche hat I made (lower right) modeled by me! Photos by me.
My designs for Little Shop of Horrors at University of Illinois' Lincoln Hall Theatre. Assistant Designer Jennifer Jones and photos by Nathan Adhikari.
A shoe design I drew last year with Prismacolor colored pencils and Prismacolor Pens.
Alisa Greene styled by me for the Paulie Antiques Summer Look Book 2012. Photos by me.
Hannah, Jessie Whitman and Nora McCarthy styled by me for the Paulie Antiques Fall Look Book 2012. Shot by Nathan Adhikari and Anna Longworth.
HannahJessie Whitman, Clara Byczkowski and Nora McCarthy styled by me for the Paulie Antiques Fall Look Book 2012. Shot by Nathan Adhikari (and my cat, Joao).
HannahJessie Whitman, Clara Byczkowski and Nora McCarthy styled by me for the Paulie Antiques Fall Look Book 2012. Shot by Nathan Adhikari and Anna Longworth.
Allegra & Elena Wentworth styled by me for Paulie Antiques Look Book Winter 2012. Thanks to Thena and Robert for letting us use their woods! Shot by Nathan Adhikari.
My "people to know" design article featured in the Daily Illini Newspaper in Champaign Urbana, Illinois.
A Goldfish I drew with Prismacolor Pencils.
Allegra & Elena Wentworth styled by me for Paulie Antiques Summer Look Book 2012. Shot by Nathan Adhikari.
One of my dress designs, swatched. I drew this with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and Pens.
Stippling of a Peach drawn by me using Prismacolor Pens.
Rachel Fenton styled by me for Paulie Antiques Summer 2012 Look Book. Shot by Anna Longworth.
1920's costume designed, drawn and swatched by me.
1930's Replica Day Dress patterned and constructed by me.
Allegra & Elena Wentworth modeling for the shoot I styled called, "Dried Nature" Shot by Nathan Adhikari.
Bella Ritz styled by me for Paulie Antiques Summer 2012. Shot by Nathan Adhikari.
Bella Ritz styled by me for Paulie Antiques Summer 2012. Shot by Nathan Adhikari.
Costume Design drawn and designed by me. "The Matchmaker" written by Thornton Wilder. Dolly Act I.
News Gazette article featuring the Paulie Antiques Fall Look Book 2012 in the Champaign-Urbana Newspaper. 
When I was named Impulse Magazine's "Blogger of the Year." Self-Styled, photo by Nathan Adhikari. Interview by Roe Aragon.
February Dance 2013 costume designed by me at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Draper Rose Kaczmarowski, choreographer Rebecca Nettl-Fiol.
Thank you to all of people people involved who made this portfolio possible! 
love, polly

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post! Love all the pictures!

www.ruzinscloset.com

Anonymous said...

Love your portfolio Polly... i have one not unlike this... it's got personality!
Is this your professional look book?
I've always found it really difficult to not go with
something really polished when putting myself forward for work even though i just want to be myself and have my book really represent me and be seen in the context i want people to see it!

Anyway... lovely post! :)

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous portfolio! So very you! It's filled with personality which makes it unique to you, and that makes it something special.
Beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

I love it! Everything in your portfolio is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is such a good idea, it's so beautiful! x x

http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/