NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Sunday

I designed and constructed my first pair of pants!

Over the past couple of months I have been designing and constructing these pants based (but altered) from a commercial Vogue pattern. My teacher suggested that I don't pattern the pants myself, but just alter the pant pattern according to the model's body  (she still uses this method as a professional stitcher for theatrical shows at the University of Illinois, so it is perfectly acceptable, apparently!) The pants didn't turn out exactly like I designed- I decided to go with a simpler design than I originally drew. I made the pants from a cotton fabric that gave me a bit of a problem, but I am happy with them overall. My first pair of pants! Woohoo!
The mock up of the pants I made from muslin cotton. Thanks for going through all of the fittings and photos, Hannah! You were a great model! It means everything to me!
Do you like to sew? 
love, polly

8 comments:

Sammi said...

Oh my gosh, pants have to be so hard to construct! I love what your teacher suggested about not having to do the pattern yourself (I feel like that's where like, a lot of Project Runway designers fail, when their pants patterns are awful and the execution sucks). These pants are so cute, and they look great on Hannah! Adorable!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Yara Miora said...

Oh that looks so so nice! A few weeks ago I bough fabric because I want to make a dress.. I´ve been wanting to since forever and I am finally going to start! Seeing this inspired me!

<3 Yara

Unknown said...

I am so ridiculously impressed! Pants are a no go zone for me and I sew allll the time. But Pants are another story completely! Well done girl! these look super amazing and loving the colour too! you teamed it perfectly with the headscarf also! xxxx

Tanya said...

You look lovely!

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I was honored to model these beautiful pants. You are so talented and did such a great job! I love you! Xo!

Lauren said...

These are beautiful and just my style :)

nope said...

These are so cute! They must have been so hard, omg. I love sewing but I'm awful at it...I can barely make skirts.

photographyintherain.blogspot.com

Batty said...

This is absolutely AMAZING.