NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Sunday

Outfit: The Orient

I bought this kimono at a church rummage sale a couple of years ago and I have no idea why I haven't worn it until now. The pattern is totally astonishing and I'm in love with the colors and the sleeves. It's really interesting that kimono literally means, "thing to wear" in Japanese. Unfortunately I do not have the traditional obi belt that secures the kimono on the waist, so I used a vintage fabric belt. I love how the sleeves are detached from the sides of the kimono and they sway in the wind... very romantic.
photos taken by my wonderful friend, Anna Longworth!
Outfit details:
Mint green peep toe wedges: courtesy of B.A.I.T. Footwear
Kimono: vintage (still doing research on what era... any ideas?)
belt: vintage
love, polly

7 comments:

Lauren said...

The pattern is gorgeous! xx

Angel said...

Very jealous you have a kimono.I I've wanted one for years! Yours looks so pretty.

Jane said...

Some beautiful pictures <3 Great work here !

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

You look fantastic, that pattern is gorgeous xo

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous, as always! Love you!

Sammi said...

omg this look is beautiful! Absolutely stunning!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Emma said...

What a find Polly! The kimino is so beautiful! I'd love to know the story behind it! Beautiful photos by your friend Anna too, she's so gifted!

Emma x