NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Thursday

Four Winds

Whenever I'm feeling blue, turning on Bright Eyes always helps. I feel alive and okay even if it's only for a moment. Summer is slowly giving way and I'm tuning in to some nostalgic feelings. It's so hard to even be outside in this overbearing heat without getting drenched in sweat... but I somehow managed to dawn this 1950's dress my friend Rissy gifted to me a couple of months ago. She knows me too well :) Thanks so much, Rissy!
Thanks so much to my friend Marie from MarjaLovely for sending me this bow! It's made with love and it's my absolute favorite color!
outfit details: vintage 1980's pink booties: Avalon Exchange in St. Louis
1950's yellow embroidered dress: gift from Rissy
Purse: My Great Grandma Frisina's
hand made yellow ochre bow: c/o Marjalovely
1950's beaded collar: Lisa's Antique Mall

p.s. please vote for this post on Teen Vogue by clicking the heart next to my photo! You don't have to be signed in! Thank you! :)
love, polly

13 comments:

Lisa said...

What a dress! Great gift, dang! I like the pink shoes with it, too.

Amelia said...

you are darling. and yellow really suits you :)

KristiMcMurry said...

Gorgeous outfit! I'm with you on this heat...it's hard to be outside at all.

Faye said...

Bright Eyes are the best! I love the last photo with you spinning, when I wear 50s dresses that's all I ever want to do . :)
Faye x

Courtney Erin said...

That's such a pretty dress - I love the delicate color. And I'm a big Bright Eyes fan as well.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Unknown said...

Pretty dress, love the colour

http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

You look so pretty in this dress. The color is great on you.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Liz Brown said...

Conor Oberst and Bright Eyes are from Nebraska ... the same as me! Woot! Pretty pictures. :)

The Braided Bandit said...

The dress and the bow are both amazing, what nice friends you have! I totally melted in the dress I wore most recently too. The heat makes me want to drink iced coffee and be really really lazy inside.

Heather Belle said...

I wore shorts today and I still melted! This summer is definitely a hot one. That dress is so perfect on you! Being adorable yourself helps for sure ;)
xo Heather
http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

Mandi said...

Loving the dress!!!! the last picture is a gem. Every dress deserves a good twirl

punkychewster said...

you put together this outfit so prettily! i love the dress and the bow especially!

Unknown said...

ohhhh I adore the pink booties xxxx