NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Saturday

Make your own fruit earrings!

I've been really obsessed over fake fruit the last few months and I've been making paintings with them. I just bought some more fake fruit on ebay for more paintings and I figured I could spare a handful to make earrings. I get so many compliments on these red pepper earrings that I figured WHY NOT make earrings out of fake fruit! 
MATERIALS NEEDED: Earring posts with backs, your choice of lightweight fake fruit, and a hot glue gun!
Step 1: figure out where you'd like to place the posts. Make sure to move the piece of fruit around on your ear to figure out the perfect placement and side of the fruit that you want to show.
Step 2: Use your hot glue gun to squeeze a dollop of glue on the back of your earring post and stick it in the desired area.
Step 3: Let them dry for about ten minutes and wear them! 
See, it's so easy! The hardest part is picking out what fruit to use. I got mine on ebay.
Have fun making your very own fruit earrings!
love, polly

14 comments:

Susanne said...

haha, its cool!

LolaDee said...

Haha! So cute! I love the lime one :D

LolaDee
www.loladee.com

Hima said...

Oh how cute! Love your outfit by the way! The red belt and the read earring go great together.

Jessica said...

You're adorable!

Anonymous said...

AHH! WE HAVE THE SAME HOT GLUE GUN! Lol these earings look so lovely!

Marja,
Xoxo

gwenivere said...

This is the neatest thing I've seen all day. How stinking cute are those?!

Rachele said...

I wasn't too sure about this idea at first but you make them look really cute!

Maria Elyse said...

These are both super adorbz! I wonder if I could find fake fruit that's like the size of a quarter or nickel...that'd be perfect. :)

I LOVE how you're wearing that dress in the last photo! It's so pretty!

Kailey said...

Eeee this is so clever - and the finished product is just adorable! Thank you for sharing <3

punkychewster said...

ooh i love the lime ones!!

Lindsey Dixon said...

Oh, what a great idea! I love this!

XOXO, Lindsey

Charlotte Clothier said...

ah polly i really do love you <3 xx

April said...

These are so cute!

Annika Victoria said...

Oh my god! These are too cool! Thanks for the inspiration, lovely! :) xx