NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Friday

to a very classy lady..

Yesterday at 2:30 PM, my Great Grandmother Lucille Frisina passed away at 99 years young. I've shared numerous stories about her and how her spirit has lived on though passing her clothing throughout my family. I am fortunate enough to now own three nightgowns, two amazing lace slips, and two elegant black dresses from her. She was one of the most generous people I've ever known with such a strong spirit. I'll never forget her laugh. The last time I saw her was this past summer. I wore one of her black dresses which my Aunt Kate gifted to me after she had owned it for a number of years. I feel so fortunate to have had someone so classy and generous in my family... I will always remember you, Grandma Nini.
If you'd like to see the dresses she passed on to my mother and my Aunt Kate and then to me, here's the first post, and the second.
Here I am wearing my Great Grandmother Frisina's black velvet dress from the 1930's/1940's..
And here is a photo taken by Nathan Adhikari of me in my Great Grandmother's dress from the 1950's.
Here's a photo where we look especially alike :)
love, polly

22 comments:

gee said...

i am sorry for your loss Polly.
she sounded like an extraordinary woman.
xx

Maria Elyse said...

Aw, Polly, I am so sorry for your loss. {hugs} ♥ I'm here for you, too!

xoxo
Maria

Anonymous said...

Polly, I feel sorry for your loss. You loved your great grandmother very much as I can see from some posts you have made about her. She had definitely great personality. I'm sure she has taught you many things and remember - she lives on in your heart. :)

Very beautiful dresses. And you look amazing in them. They really suit you.

Love, Lela

Lauren said...

Sorry to hear this. She seemed like a wonderful personality and very stylish lady x

ftashion said...

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you. Though I don't know her in person, she really seem like an amazing lady with a lot of style. Take lots of care Polly.

Fang Ting

Cel said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. My own great grandmother passed away in 2005 and I got her name tattooed on my arm. *hug* I feel for you and yours in this time of pain.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

This Charming Style said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Polly. May she Rest In Peace. She sounds like a truly amazing person, and you look beautiful in her dress :) xx

MySpecialAgent said...

Awww... I'm so sorry, Polly. It seemed as if she lived a full and amazing life and isn't that the best we can all hope for?

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

I am so sorry to hear that, Polly!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Polly! I have enjoyed the stories of her that you've shared, and I hope that your memories will comfort you now.
xoxo, Anita

Rebecca said...

Wow, you two really do look alike! My best wishes go out to your family, but it sounds like she lived a full life (: xxx

Holly Knitlightly said...

Aw, I'm so sorry Polly!

jaza said...

I'm sorry Polly, by the way you described her, she must have been an amazing woman. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

She sounded like an amazing woman with gorgeous style. I'm sorry for your loss xxx
Amy

Lindsay Fisher-Collie said...

i am so sorry for your loss. it is amazing that you have some great heirlooms of hers to cherish forever.

Eleni said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm behind on my blog reading so I've only just seen this! You are so lucky to have such amazing women in your family :)

MyLifeInDots said...

I'm so sorry, Polly !
You must have had a wonderful Great Grandmother!
My Grandmother passed away 3 months ago and I miss her so much :(
*hug*

p.s.: you look really good in those dresses
p.s.2: Sent the letter :)

xxx Mri

Unknown said...

she's beautiful! keep the memories strong :)

Paulie Antiques said...

thank you all so much for your kind words:)

Margaret said...

I'm sure your great-grandmother was a remarkable and incredible woman. 99 years is an amazing feat. I hope you carry her legacy through the clothes she left you; they are absolutely gorgeous.

Music & Musings said...

Beautiful post..