NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Wednesday

a real human being....

Life has been so busy with me... I can barely feel it when I sleep at times..
Needless to say, I snapped these shots of a wool cape my Grandmother Kutch spotted for me at the Salvation Army in Litchfield, IL last time we went together :) I love our little Salvation Army trips... they're something I truly treasure. Speaking of... my Grandmother Kutch told me the other day that she lost 30 lbs!! I am so happy for her...
Gosh, I've been singing songs from the film Drive all week! I saw it last weekend! (hence the title of this post). I am about to go see see a theatre show titled, "Hoodoo Love." I am very excited to see my friend Natalie's designs.. she is a sweetheart and I wish her all the best. It's her first time costume designing a show! Good Luck, Natalie! We love you..
outfit details:
retro shirt: 50 cents at a church yard sale in Champaign, IL last year
shoes: goodwill
vintage wool cape: Salvation Army
hat: forever21
vintage ghost tights: my mother's from the 1980's :)
love, polly

15 comments:

Gracey said...

the upside down photo is really cool :)

Craftcherry said...

That wool cape is fantastic!

Tori said...

I love your hat!:D
-Tori
www.fashiontrendsmore.com

Anonymous said...

nice shoes! :)

Lyndall said...

That cape looks so cosy! Perfect for wearing on Autumn walks :)

Ed said...

I love those tights, your mom has good taste! I love thrifting with my grandma as well, it's always so much fun <3

Kailey said...

Eee I truly love this look! That cape is too die for, and I love how you paired it with those adorable tights and shoes!

Liz Lizo said...

Those tights, I want so badly! What a great mom and mother you have, helping you be your best fashionable self. Great look.

xx
Liz Lizo
VOGUED-OUT

fashion doctor said...

wonderful pics! love your outfit! xxx

Zoe Beard said...

Love this outfit:) Congrats to your friend Natalie and to your Grandmother Kutch!
Oh and Polly, I might be moving to Champaign!

Anupriya DG said...

That's such a cute ghost on the tights!! Loving the last snap! :)

katymitten said...

This cape looks so cosy! And I adore your hat too! x

I wish I was a giant anteater said...

I like the upside down one- careful you don't fall off the floor into the treetops tho! if the world turns back the right way round you might be stuck up there helpless as a kitten, waiting for the firemen to come and rescue you ;) also hooray for happy times with grandmas!x

Amber said...

i have been obsessing over the soundtrack too. This song by College is definitely a fave. I am actually featuring the Chromatics on my blog Friday. Their album Night Drive has been on heavy rotation since seeing Drive.

Opal Wells said...

Taking your granmother thrifting is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Great find.