NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Sunday

spice up an old pair of shoes//how to do it yourself!

One of my Great Grandmother Polly's most favorite creative activities is painting her shoes. This is a spin off of her love for recreating her footwear in a creative and inexpensive way. I just grabbed a pair of plain taupe flats with short heels out of my closet and decided to spice them up.. here is how you can do the same!
After the bows were sewn, I placed them on top of my shoe at the desired spot and poked my needle through the shoe and stitched it tight. You can sew your bows absolutely anywhere on your shoes! Have fun with it :) 
I used Prismacolor markers to draw the cloud designs before the bows were sewn on :)
love, polly :)

12 comments:

Gracey said...

Oranje! :D how cuteeee! i'll try to do this in different colour, maybe a blue gray for my gray shoes. Thanks for the tip! xo

emma said...

Right on.

Anonymous said...

wow nice tips! I like your outfits, So cute... :)

Love Simple Green

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You're very creative. :)

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Wonderful DIY!

Margaret said...

I love the contrasting bright colors. It puts a happy smile on my face :D

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Oh, these are so CUTE! What a fabulous idea!

Midwest Muse said...

This is great! But let's talk about how AWESOME your outfit is. Can I please have it? Okay, thanks. It's dreamy.

Also another really cool way to rehab boring old shoes? Clip on earrings! It's my special trick!

marykapsi said...

Amazing!! I totally adore your blog <3
http://maryfashionlove.blogspot.com/

Ash said...

Rad! Great idea. I'm going to do this! I haven't drawn on my shoes since high school.

Jasmine said...

awesome idea and the results are brilliant

i should try this soon on my plain dull shoes :D

Daisy said...

Oh my, such a fantastic idea and i also really want some orange tights now !