NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Sunday

DIY: How to tie a bow tie!

Tying a bow tie isn't the easiest thing to do.. it took me a while to figure it out! (and I still don't know how to tie a tie! haha..shh!)
1. Drape the tie around your neck with the ends at the same length.
2. Cross the left (their right side) over the right.
3. Tuck up through the loop and pull into a simple tie.
4. Take the piece on your right and place it in position to be wrapped around.
5. Take the other dangling piece and wrap it around the piece you were holding (so it's now behind the other and wrapped around it.
6. find the hole in the middle of the tie that you've made after step 5 and shove the other dangling piece through it.. then pull your tie until it's satisfactory!
love, polly :)

16 comments:

Gracey said...

that is a very beautiful fabric! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh so one loop actually goes behind the single end. That makes so much sense to me now, I was thinking both loops would be in front with the ends behind the loops.

^this makes sense to me but probably not to anyone else. ;)

Charlotte said...

I needed this! I attempted to use a bowtie to wrap a gift with, and ended up securing the knot at the back with elastic bands!

Love that fabric btw, and pom poms!

Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

Miss Bec said...

I found it easiest to youtube a "how to tie a bow tie"

:) very pretty

Anupriya DG said...

Thanx for the tutorial Polly! :)

my best friend jules said...

Thanks for the tutorial sweetie! I would have no idea how to tie one, but now I do! Great :)
xxx mervi

LolaDee said...

Thank you! Other tutorials I found online were confusing.xo

LolaDee
www.loaldee.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Beautiful bow-tie! But looking at this tutorial, I'd say a tie is much easier!

Lauren Hairston said...

Great, simple tutorial. Love the fabric, too!

* said...

Pretty fabric and bowtie...thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabric and a very useful tut for the co-ordinationally challenged - I'll be bookmarking that.. :)

kimbirdy said...

this is awesome! i've always wanted to know how to tie a bow tie. thank you!!

Yajaira said...

cute
step by step and still dont get it LOL

Liesl said...

What a cute post!!! You know I have always wanted to know how to tie a bow tie...really, I have...and a tie, tie! :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog too...yours is lovely!

Liesl :)

freebirdsoul said...

gahh i just love the fabric! I don't know why its so challenging for me tie a bow tie... If you can tie a shoe u should be able to tie a bow tie... Maybe i just need a little practice ;) hope u r having a good week!

Melanie's Randomness said...

WOW that fabric for your bowtie is absolutely beautiful!! I had to follow your blog because you have such wonderful orginal things here!! I love this tie!! =)