NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Friday

Year in Review: 2016

I blogged just as much in 2016 as I did in 2015 which makes me feel stable, at least! Looking back on my "prolific" blogging years like 2012 makes me yearn for more creativity and fashion styling, but I have to remind myself how I live in Chicago now and life moves a bit faster when you're not in school and you work as a freelancer full time to support yourself. Hopefully I am not making up excuses for myself, because I love blogging and sharing my creative endeavors on this platform since 2008. I took a few improv comedy classes at Second City in 2016 as well as a writing and performance class at the Neofuturist theatre. Those experiences changed my life forever and before 2016 I had NEVER acted in a play! I'm glad I can cross that off on my list for 2016. I also danced in two gorgeous pieces in collaboration with the School of the Art Institute Chicago and began performing at No Nation Art Gallery which has released a lot of anxiety about my performances throughout my life. Many of my performances starting at age 5 and beyond were very buttoned up and felt rigid and routined. I'd love to continue as a performance artist and I believe it's definitely one of my callings. I'm looking into an artist residency at No Nation in 2017. 
I feel very fortunate that I was able to travel to Baltimore, Washington D.C., Miami, Coral Gables, Key Largo, Key West, New York City and Portland in 2016. I am a very small town girl from Illinois and travel teaches me so much. One of my goals for 2017 is to travel off the North American continent. I'd love to keep posting more episodes of the Paulie Antiques Show and I'll certainly keep posting outfits here when I can! 
Floral design for 2017 is moving right along and I am taking on weddings solo this year as well as still working with my mentors.
Nathan Adhikari is still one of my very best friends and we are planning to book shoots in 2017 which I am also very excited and eager to plan with him! As always, thank you for reading and I wish you and yours a prosperous 2017. If you'd like to see something that you don't on my blog, feel free to leave suggestions and ideas in the comments! Happy New Year! I love you.
love, polly

2 comments:

Frilly Frenchie said...

I love these pics, and these outfits they are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Nice post, actually you look so beautiful and attractive
Regards,
Fivestarcoupon.com