NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Monday

Favorite Posts of 2014

Hi, friends.... I was almost afraid to take a look back to the year-in-full of 2014 because it was a year of uncertainty for me. I moved to New York City by myself in 2013 and after I moved back I was devastated. I felt like I had failed and people kept asking me why I left New York City. I felt a lack of response on my end- I had little direction as where to go next. I had little motivation to make that next step. I started working at an antique shop called Rebecca's Antiques Where I grew to know Rebecca Steiner. I eventually got an internship this year with the Goodman Theatre so I moved to Chicago to live with my best friend Lauren Blakeman. I got my own studio and a full time job after the paid internship ended and here I am now. Looking back on 2014 wasn't as bad as I expected- I actually did a lot this year, too. I hope your life is happy wherever you are. Thank you for being here and reading these words. Happy 2015! Here are some of my favorite posts of mine in 2014:
love, polly

7 comments:

Jane said...

Definitely a very inspiring year <3

Kristina Uriegas-Reyes said...

You're beautiful! I too am thinking of leaving NYC. I've been here nearly 5 years and I'm thinking of going back to Tx to be near my best friend and family. It's such a hard decision, but you have to do what's best for yourself.

The Braided Bandit said...

So many beautiful and colorful outfits this year Polly! I think the first is my favorite but I love them all. So happy you found your footing and are happily situated in Chicago, I myself feel like I will be floundering around forever haha!
Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Hannah

Ali Hval said...

Man, you've had some beautiful outfits! And besides that, you have your own studio now, which is something I definitely dream of. Seriously, I'm so happy for you! Keep on working hard!! :D

Bethany Grace said...

I adore the post 'Sweet Jane', it sounds ridiculous but I've had that outfit in my head since you posted it and I could never seem to find the post again! It is one of my favourites I think I've ever seen, with no exaggeration
I hope 2015 is wonderful for you, goodness you deserve it!
Bethany x

curiousclaptrap.blogspot.dk

Unknown said...

LOVE all the pictures, specially the one with You were Swell and the picture number 5, love the ambientation, so special :) Hope you have an amazing 2015.

xxx,
Cristina

Vikee said...

Great post
Lovely pictures

Love Vikee
www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com