NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Friday

Halloween in New York City's West Village

 This year's Halloween was extra special because I spent it at the Village Parade on the streets of the West Village in New York City. I took the A train down to the W4 stop and as soon as I got off it was madness. Everyone was walking around in their own unique costume laughing with their friends and trying to find the perfect spot to watch the parade. It ended up being very packed on both sides of the street, but my new friends and I managed to get a pretty great spot up front.... just close enough to see a few Miley Cyrus costumes.... those were my absolute favorite- and I couldn't stop giggling about them! The streets were so packed full of people and my friend and I went to a local bar to drink some strawberry sangria and watch the crowd. There were burlesque and sex shops everywhere in the area, so we partook in those, too. The West Village will definitely always hold a special place in my heart. It's such a unique place. I love it!!!
 And as for my costume- EVERYONE kept yelling, "Katy Perry!" at me on the streets! I ended up giving in and when random people I didn't know asked me what I was- I'd say Katy Perry. Although this new blue wig I just bought is actually sold by Katy Perry's company- I'm not Katy Perry... I'm just me :) But I definitely love Katy Perry...... a lot! Have you seen her movie?? It is SO incredibly real & inspirational! She's so great!
 My new friend Tacey!
 Tacey and her friend Michelle on the streets of the West Village.....
 It wouldn't be Halloween without snakes, now would it? I hope your Halloween was as great as you hoped it would be!!!! Happy Hallow's Eve!
love, polly

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE the head piece you're wearing too!!!

Becky Bedbug said...

I love the colours!

Becky
xx

Ohh Erin said...

I love your outfit so much!

Erica D said...

You look great! The blue is so electric and I love the photos of you by the bridge. Looks like you girls had fun!

-Erica
http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

Sarah said...

I love your outfit! Where did you get your shoes? xo

Unknown said...

Fun! love the eyelashes!!

AleksandraPanic

The Braided Bandit said...

This would be the best place to people watch on halloween! LOVE your rainbow lashes, you look amazing as usual! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
xo Hannah

http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

Viva La DIY said...

Too perfect!!
♡ Dulce

Sammi said...

You look stunning, Polly! I was never in the city to celebrate Halloween, but I imagine it's the absolute best for people watching and spectacle. Hope you had a great time! :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Patty Clariza said...

Wow! I love your vibrant style, Polly. And I especially adore this post because Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. ;)

http://pat-tea.blogspot.com/

carla ortega said...

fun colors, I loved your eyelashes! ... and you are very brave to take that snake!

ANDYSTYLE said...

pretty and super cute shoes :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

LOVE those lashes! Thanks for following my profile on BlogLovin'! I followed your blog, and would love if you would check mine out, too =)

http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com/

xoxox

lisa said...

I always love your colorful outfits! Sounds like a great Halloween. I got to go to that parade for Halloween a few years ago- my friends got married the same weekend in NYC, and it was such a fun experience!