NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Wednesday

Home.... before I left for New York City

Below are some shots I took at my parent's home in Taylorville, Illinois. I am flying back tomorrow for a 6 day visit and I am very nostalgic, already. Seeing these photos that were taken over two months ago makes my heart ache for open air and vast patches of forest and open road that I'll be back home to early tomorrow................. Do you ever feel nostalgic? When?
 Sweet Pea, one of two strays we adopted a couple of winters ago.
 Early August- moving out of my studio in Urbana, Illinois.
 Creating my scrapbook portfolio at home on the dining room table.
 Afternoons spent on my parent's patio....
 Making breakfast alone at home.
 Fresh organic tomatoes from our garden.
 Up the stairs to my room from Jr. High & High School......
One of the many paintings I created..... left behind in Illinois.
As the years pass, change becomes more inevitable and my nostalgia worsens for my childhood and my dreams. Will I ever be satisfied?
love, polly

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you and you have a light that shines no matter where you step foot. Always remember to never let yourself dim! Have a safe trip and let me know what day to come pick you up from the airport when you arrive back in nyc! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Polly! I get nostalgic after going away for awhile and coming back home to the country. A piece of me will always remain there.

xoxo-- Madeline
[ quixoticsoulz.blogspot.com ]

Viva La DIY said...

Reminiscing through (old) photos always brings back memories. :]
I too obsess with nostalgia, particularly being childhood memories, as well. It's almost as if in a subconscious revolt to the ever changing present to revert myself to those feelings of security and back to a simpler time.
♡ Dulce

Loulou said...

Oh my goodness, thatis one cute cat! What a face. Enjoy your visit home.

Unknown said...

Lovely post. It's always fun to go away. But coming but just as well... :)

http://lovelifelovefashion.be

Erica D said...

I love these pictures, very creative, you must have a great camera. Thanks for following my blog I am stopping by to follow back via gfc and just check out your posts. :)

stop by any time :)

Sammi said...

Oh dear Polly, this is making ME nostalgic!! I feel very much the same way you do -- with each passing year, I become even more nostalgic and pine for my childhood more. These photos are lovely. Glad you'll be getting a home fix!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These photos are absolutely gorgeous! I feel the same way you do. Growing up and playing with my cousins at my gram's house in the country. I miss that more than anything! It's a shame how things change. People drift apart and everything just becomes a memory you want to relive. Oh boy here I go! I'm glad you get to visit home for a few days! I bet you're going to really enjoy it, well at least I hope you do and Sweat Pea is so adorable!!

http://mariedarling.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I always feel nostalgic thinking about my long car rides and bike rides through the country in Illinois. I can't wait to visit this weekend and see you!

Emma said...

Beautiful photographs, I hope you have a lovely trip home, I'm sure you'll treasure every moment!

Emma x

Iwona said...

Beautiful photos!!! Cool post: ) I greet: ) Iwona: )