NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Wednesday

Guest Post from Maria Elyse!

Hello lovely readers... I have a special treat for you today! Maria Elyse is one of my absolute best blogging friends and if you follow her blog... you know that she is taking a little break from blogging. I asked her if she'd like to do a guest post for me and she accepted! Here is her magical post.... I love her. If you're looking for more, check out the post I did on her lovely style influence, and also another guest post she did for me by the lake with her suitcase! Oh! And a picture of us skyping!
Hello lovelies!

To me, there's always been something magical about bicycle rides. The way the wind ripples through your hair, the sun's warmth on your back, the way everything passes by you as you pedal...so many little bits of whimsy. It's always been a dream of mine to have a beautiful, vintage mint-colored bike with a big wicker basket on the front, that I could ride wherever and whenever I wanted. Perhaps on a summer afternoon in Paris, with a picnic lunch in my basket, riding down streets and roads, with nowhere in particular to go. Just riding along in a daydream. Or maybe on an empty country road, with dust flying up from your wheels as your hair flies wild and free behind you. You pass fields of grass and wildflowers, stopping to pick a bouquet of daisies as the sun begins to set, painting warm oranges and golden colors in the sky. Summer is the perfect time for bicycle rides, don't you think?

6 comments:

Amelia said...

so beautiful, your words & your photos! :)

I wish I was a giant anteater said...

absolutely! I love bike riding, especially in the evening along the riverside in Bordeaux where I live :) what pretty pictures! why not have a listen to my favourite song about bike riding by the wonderful, amazing Kim Boekbinder? click here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dyTifoyJmU
x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Great photos and I just love that bike. Do you know that it is law that we wear big, ugly helmets when riding our bikes? Bad for the hairstyles!

Kailey said...

You two are TOO CUTE FOR WORDS UGH <33

I love this post Maria! I need to get my bike fixed - reading this has made me miss it so much D: <3

Brittany Sims said...

Haha, I would trade you my mint green bike and whicker basket for your beautiful bike. :P Love the photos!

shmabby said...

I'm curious as to what kind of bike it is!