NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Tuesday

Style Icon: Nico

Ever since I saw The Royal Tenenbaums I've been literally obsessed with Nico's voice. She has such a tragic and beautiful life story which I so admire. Practically every photograph I find of her is black and white.. I have recently started delving further into her music via The Velvet Underground and I've really fallen in love with it. She has such a dreamy and melancholy monotone voice that immediately sends me into a different mood than I was in previously. It's like being inside a dream when I listen to her music. If you'd like to find out more about her involvement with Lou Reed, Andy Warhol and The Velvet Underground, I suggest reading her bio and looking through this timeline of her life. It's so tragic that she died riding her bike. 

"Here she comes, you'd better watch your step, she's going to break your heart in two, it's true." Nico
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 1o, 11.
love, polly