NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Saturday

the battle of angels

This semester I assisted a costume designer named Julie McGill on a play by Tennessee Williams called Battle of Angels. It was the best play I've ever been involved with and I am truly proud to say that I was at every fitting and pulled almost every single piece of clothing and accessory for the show. My favorite part was finding the gloves, hats, and jewelry. That was a blast. The little details are what I live for. Here are some photos of the production, although they don't show every costume. 
We had this blue green dress, the "ecstasy dress," made especially for our leading lady. She twirled and flounced around in it perfectly.. we were silently tearing up in the audience. (At least I was..) It's a wonderful experience to see a dress made from scratch!
Battle of Angels is based in the 1930's. The set is a mercantile store that sells shoes. Have you read the play? Tennessee Williams is one of my absolute favorite playwrights! I've actually designed a scene from The Glass Menagerie in the past, too! Hope you are enjoying your weekend...
Oh! And.... I'm moving again!
love, polly

6 comments:

Sampada said...

Wow, these costumes are wonderful!

And I haven't read much of Tennessee Williams, but I hope to in the near future.

-Rose

rose-et-violet.blogspot.com

Brittany Sims said...

Great job! I just got done with my play that I was doing costumes for last month! Your moving again? More details to come I hope, that is never an easy process.

~Brit

www.brittany-sims.com

I wish I was a giant anteater said...

amazing! how cool to sit there and see all your hard work looking so lovely on stage, knowing that you helped to create the magic :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh wow, how awesome is that?! =) Great job

Katherine - The Beauty of Life said...

Congrats! I love being involved in theatre!! Great costumes and it must be so great to see your hard work pay off :D

Zane said...

beautiful costumes