NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Wednesday

A bit of nostalgia

I love Atlas Sound. Now that I am back to school and don't have a lot of time to work at Dandelion Vintage, I listen to this album a lot. It makes me miss my job and Tracy. She told me about this band and opened my eyes to a lot of things and I just love talking to everyone who works there. So, this is a bit of a nostalgic post... I hope you don't mind. 
I have been busy with school starting for the past week, and it feels good. I am currently designing a short film being shot in the beginning of September so I had three fittings today that actually went quite well! I am getting excited to see everyone in full attire! The film is set in the early 1930's. I will be gathering up the last tidbits of their costumes in the next week and then I am acting as an assistant costume designer at the University of Illinois (my college) on a show called, "Battle of Angels" by Tennessee Williams. Ever heard of it? 
Anyway, this week has been exciting! I am also working on another project that some of you might have caught onto on facebook or if you follow me on twitter. I don't think I am quite ready to post about it on my blog, yet.. I'll let you know when the time comes.. it's a very fun time for me....
love, polly

15 comments:

Jessie said...

What an amazing dress! I love it! Sounds exciting working on a film... I have always wanted to get into the film business but so far I haven't really put any effort into it... Im thinking about some acting classes though!

xx
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

so nice.. i love the dress.. :)

http://lovesimplegreen.blogspot.com/
Irene Wibowo

Amelia said...

love everything about this :) what a pretty combination- the pale blue and burgundy. good luck with the beginning of the new school year!

Alys said...

Wow! The first picture is amazing. Gorgeous dress too :)

Lyndall said...

I love those pictures of you. You're so pretty!

Working on the costumes for a production sounds like so much fun. I've always wanted to go and be in a theatre group one day because I enjoyed it so much when I was in high school.

Monsterchen said...

the dress looks so fabulous and i love how it match with this amazing boots!!!
love and kiss,mary

http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Sounds like you are a little busy bee! ^^ I wish I were able to see the short movie you're making/helping with :) x

PS: I really love this dress :) x

MACY said...

Pretty! Love your photos! =)

Anupriya DG said...

That red accent on the waist is cute! And absolutely LOVING the red wall!!! :)

Unknown said...

Aw this dress is sooo pretty! I love the combo with the boots and the red socks peeking out, this is so you! :)

Amber said...

that is such a pretty dress. Never heard of this band before but I am liking this song.

gee said...

that dress looks amazing on you.
love the first picture.
good luck with school love.

Lauren Hairston said...

That dress is great--I love it with the red belt and socks! Good luck with your film and your play. I really love Tennessee Williams, but I've never seen Battle of Angels.

Anonymous said...

Aww, lovely beautiful pretty dress :)

MEGGY said...

You're so adorable! I love this look and your hair! ;)