NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Monday

Weekend in Chicago

This weekend in Chicago was too short! I loved it, though. It was SO nice to see my friend, Emily Marie! I haven't visited her since she moved to Chicago (we used to live together in Edwardsville last year..). Here are some shots from my trip. We shared burritos and milkshakes, ate falafels, petted many a cat, saw so many thrift stores, I had my first American Apparel visit (wooooo- I want everything there!)

Emily is a wonderful and inspiring person. I always enjoy our conversations. I hope she doesn't get mad at me for doing this.. but here is a link to one of her adorable music videos! (Here is a link to her youtube channel)

Emily Marie-Forget
 Here's a little of what I picked up thrifting..
OH MY GOODNESS. Let me just tell YOU that I lost my footing when I saw these beautiful celluloid earrings from the 1950's! I just HAD to purchase them! I also got this Carly Simon record for a dollar at Reckless Records with Emily. We really had a great time!
love, polly

8 comments:

Maria Elyse said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time! I love Chicago, and it must've been fun being there hanging out with a good friend. :)

Aaahhh, I loved her song and music video! :)

xoxo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

cailen ascher said...

sounds like a fabulous time in chicago - i haven't visited that city in a looong time! i think i'm due! and those earrings are to die for. perfection!

cute blog - i'm your newest follower
cheers,
cailen

www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

Henar said...

Aww,that's lovely,
I like it!!

Henar ♥

Unknown said...

youre so cute, i love your bowtie! glad you had fun in chicago!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Nikki Mortham said...

your outfit is so cute! I love the bold colors :)
nikki

Amber said...

sounds like the perfect weekend. Those earrings are awesome, so glad you stumbled upon them and scooped them up for yourself :)

cb said...

oh man those are awesome! i love bakelite! i have a coral colored bracelet with flowers all over it and i just love it! wore it for my wedding! that orange is the perfect color too! and i think i have that carly simon album too!

xo.
cb

MySpecialAgent said...

I'm jealous. I've never been to Chicago.