NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Saturday

my heart keeps beating like a hammer

LISTEN WHILE YOU LOOK:
Hi, there! Thank god for Spring Break! What a MUCH needed rest! I am finally catching up on sleep and my social life. I had coffee and pie last night with my friend Lindsey and then listened to some music out at the Taylorville Dam with my friend Sam. It was so nice considering that I haven't had social interaction at all thanks to midterms. Today I went to my cousin, Katie's, bridal shower! (that's why I am all dressed up!) :D
It was funny, though, because people kept telling me, "You're next!" (FOR MARRAIGE...HA!) and we all had to go around the party and give advice to Katie for her future marriage and OBVIOUSLY I haven't been married and my relationships just keep getting shorter and shorter. I just told her that, "Thrifting is therapeutic. Don't forget that.." I feel like that's good stress relief when something goes wrong. Haha, so much for wisdom!
outfit details: vintage wedding dress from 1905 (a gift to my Grandma Kutch when she owned her antique store), blazer from my Great Grandma Polly, hat- Forever 21, boots- ebay, red suede belt- my mother let me borrow it while being home for break :)
love, polly :)

23 comments:

miss teacups said...

oh my goodness. that is the most gorgeous dress ever. do you ever daydream about who may have gotten married in that?? i can't believe how amazing it looks for being over a hundred years old...what a gorgeous piece to own!

Maria Elyse said...

Gorgeous dress! I used to have a vintage wedding dress my aunt found, but unfortunately I was 4 when she gave it to me and my sisters, so it's in pretty bad shape from too many games of dress-up.

-- Maria E.
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

Emma said...

i love your beanie, you llook beautiful

Amelia said...

in LOVE with everything about this outfit. the romantic dress, the mustard pop, the boots. gorgeous :) and super stippling job. i never have had a knack for it

Alice Jones said...

Oh no, I HATE that give-advice-to-the-bride thing! I'm like ten years younger than her- I have nooooooo idea! :-) That dress is incredible

Anonymous said...

Oh my, your dress is beautiful.
I am really into all the lace and frills which seem to be in at the moment, hence why I made a tunic with an old doily on ^_^
I really love how each of your photos seems to tell a little story, it is very sweet :)

Alys said...

That dress is just amazing! I know I have a 1980s wedding dress waiting for me in my mother's wardrobe, but somehow I don't think it will be as nice...
Brilliant place to be photographed in it too!

my best friend jules said...

Such beautiful outfit post! Love the dress - it's so you!
xox mervi

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Oh goodness this outfit is so beautiful. I love unique dresses.

artichoke said...

What a beautiful outfit :)

Christina said...

Stippling was always one of my favorite things to do. A lot of people find it so tedious, but I just love how putting all those tiny dots together comes to be a beautiful picture! Sort of relaxing and soothing in a way. Love how yours turned out! (And omg... that dress!)

Lindsay Fisher-Collie said...

that dress is gorgeous. like sooo beautiful! i think i'm in love. :) also your art project looks great!

toridawn said...

Polly! Your outfit is super gorgeous! I am "returning the favor" and following you now...LOVE your blog:)

xo
toridawn
owleyes.net

VintageSugarcube said...

Miss Polly! LOVE LOVE LOVE these photos of you on the train track. They are magazine quality girl! Absooolutely fabulous. PS. You're waaaay to young to get married. Have fun!!

gee said...

can that dress look any more amazing on you!?!?
seriously, it is beautiful.
what a wonderful piece of clothing to have.
your art piece is beautiful. you did a amazing job on it Polly!
have a wonderful upcoming week love.
xoox

Yajaira said...

lovely dress
love the details
cute bag
nice hat
love your hair

Laura said...

love your outfit! the dress, the hat, the bag, the shoes.. just perfect!

xx

Anonymous said...

That dress is amazing - you look gorgeous and the peach is beautiful - you are very patient! :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

what a post and WHAT a magnificent "wedding" dress! holy moly, i love it so!!!! looks beautiful on you. so perfect for a bridal shower kinda day.

congrats to the much needed break and your peach stipples blow my mind! incredz, fab job. ♥

jen said...

i love that song and wow that dress is simply gorgeous!!!

b said...

beautiful outfit and photos! i have a hat just like that, same color! (and i wore it today) :)

<3b

Kenna said...

I LOVE The outfit!! i wish i had it! ohman, im gonna have to get me some of those boots!

Hannah said...

Holy Beautiful. Dress, blazer, boots, belt.. Amazing.