NEW BLOG HEADER SIZE

Saturday

Year in Review (2010)

I didn't start personally documenting my style until July of 2010. So, this will be a half year post. Hopefully next year I will have a picture from every month to show you! 

JULY:
July is when I really started caring about my blog. I was also transitioning between two schools to follow my dream of becoming a costume designer.
I did a house tour with one of my most inspirational friends and collectors, Linda Zimmers. (see pictures here)
I hosted a tour of my room, here.
AUGUST:
I snapped a lot of outfits in August, I turned 21, and I bought my first dress from Modcloth :) & also transferred to the University of Illinois.
I visited Lisa's Antiques for the first time, see my visit here!
I hosted a tour of my new apartment in Urbana.
I designed my first tattoo for my cousin Heather Jane!
SEPTEMBER:
September was full of beautiful skies, wonderful weather, and a new school.
My room mate, Karla, did a photoshoot of my suitcase collection and I :D
 I started making my first shirt.. and finished it.
I hosted a costume shop tour of U of I.
OCTOBER:
October was beautiful, but getting colder. I was starting to adjust to a new living situation.
I really started taking pen palling seriously (although I still have so many letters to write!)
I signed on to costume design for my first film, Once Upon a Time in 1972.
I started a new feature called Suitcase Sunday.
NOVEMBER:
November was getting pretty cold. This yellow ochre scarf became one of my favorite items to wear.
Nathan Adhikari took these photos of me in my Great Grandma Frisina's dress from the1950's (she is still alive at 98!)
Major vintage find: I found a 1953 Sears Catalogue! (more pictures here)
I wrote a fashion review on 1920's metal purses (I am starting a collection!)
DECEMBER:
December was completely freezing. I didn't get many outfits photographed due to finals, but I blogged A LOT!
I shared a story about the woman I was named after.
I did my first DIY making a vintage bow tie!
it was also featured on A Beautiful Mess as part of 12 days of hand made!
I received a very very sweet package from Elsie.
I started making a dress from a vintage bed sham (almost done, too!)
I hope you enjoyed my little projects! 
love, polly :)

34 comments:

Lindsay Fisher-Collie said...

looks like a great half a year! can't wait to see what's in store this new year for you! i need to plan a visit to see my brother soon- maybe we can get together when i do?!

Trina M Curran said...

Ah...that catalog...I haven't stopped searching for one since you posted about yours. No luck yet! Dang, it's pretty. :)

Toni Tralala said...

There's no wonder you have such eclectic taste! You want to be a costume designer. <3 I feel like I'm talking to someone from a different era. You appeal to me as a 50s lady, I don't know why. lol.

That record player is absolutely beautiful! My father had one as big as my bed so I couldn't exactly take it with me when I moved halfway across the world. :))

I'll surely keep in touch and look forward to updates!

P.S. I've always wanted to make my own clothing but never knew where to start so I'm attempting to knit now then eventually, make my own tops as well. I love to sew! :)

Have a pleasant weekend, Polly!

Toni

Romy said...

Everything you've done is amazing. That shirt you made is so freaking awesome, I just love it. You have one of my favorite blogs, much love! x

Gracey said...

your photos and style documentation are beautiful! :) what a wonderful year it was. looking forward to more lovelies this year!

Marisa Noelle said...

What a wonderful latter half of 2010 recap. I love all your outfits and the quirky/whimsical feel of your blog...quickly becoming one of my favorite inspirations.

Tara said...

Lovely summary, it's so fun to be able to look back at the year with your blog.

~Kelly~ said...

Oh! you are so cute! I love your style :)

my best friend jules said...

You've had such an amazing 6 months! And I'm so happy that I've been able to be part of it. I'm looking forward to all the new and exciting things you will get up to in 2011 ;)

xxx mervi

ps.... you creepy cat-lady ;)

Anonymous said...

one day our paths will cross i'm sure.

and yeah, scott pilgrim is a movie. i just read volume one of the graphic novels. i wish i would have read them first cuz now when i read them i just invision the movie so i don't get my own take on things. but it's directed by one of my favorites Edgar Wright. he did shaun of the dead and hot fuzz.

Anonymous said...

You're so pretty, and I love your style! I think it's cool that you're going to University of Illinois... my parents went to grad school there, and that's where they met each other. Studying different fields, though. Best of luck!

gee said...

the skies in all these pictures are beautiful!
you are beautiful!
i <3 your style...so glad we found each other in the blogging world.
xoox

Spencer. said...

Adorable photos, you have such lovely style
x

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

I loved this little recap! All the photos you took in September are usually what I think of when I think of the state of Illinois (minus Chicago), lots of blue sky and fields to frolic in! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

oh and yes the guy in the plaid is my steady fella!

xx
MILK TEETHS

Dreamy Princess said...

Wow!! Amazing journey, Polly! I really enjoy to see those lovely photos(:

I like your pic in the orange afternoon with black dress.

I really really seriously loveeee this post! good job!!;D

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess
~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

Anonymous said...

wow what a great half year!! Everything just looks so wonderful!! can't wait to see what you have for us for the new year!!

Marja <3

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Lovely look back, September was my favourite :D i can't wait to see the dress you're currently making! Glad to hear you're doing loads better now :D
xxxxxxxxxxx
ps
Hehe, yep, my bracelet was just hair extensions, luckily!!

Deer Little Fawn said...

You have great style! I love the pics of you in the purple dress in the snow, they are all beautiful photos!
I put the earrings up on my blog, here:
http://deerlittlefawn.blogspot.com/2011/01/cute-earrings.html

Thanks!
xBeth :)

Yajaira said...

great looks!
thanks for the comment on my blog and for following...
will follow you too!

Amber said...

Ohmyword! You are beautiful and super talented. :] Looks like such a fabulous year!

GEMBEAR said...

your blog is actually adoreable!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Of course I will follow you too!! Your fashion style is wonderful!! I love your blog. I dig Dr. Dog's music too!!! yey!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I would take advantage of the sale but it's all big furniture pieces. nothing was under $300. It was really fun to go around and pick things out that I would have bought if I was rich and stuff.

oomph. said...

what a great recap...you had some amazing projects, outfits, and photos. can't wait to see more.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Such stunning images, and you have such a gorgeous style!

Alys said...

These are amazing photos!

Thanks for your comment, I've followed you now. In case you were wondering, the picture in the header of my blog was taken of a little shop directly opposite Bayeux cathedral in Normandy,France.

Love your blog! x

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

that blouse you made is beautiful!

Amy Acorn said...

the photo of you in your grandmothers dress is so beautiful and i love the shirt you made, you are so talented! hope you are well x

hueys said...

love your post for the year!

great job in making your own clothes and bow tie! wish I could do that!

loves
hueys

Paulie Antiques said...

thank you everyone. you're all so sweet! :)

Mae said...

I love your blog, it's so colorful! And I love your style! :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

i've been loving these year in reviews, but i really, really love yours. all the great vintage looks and suitcases...pretty colors and craft. so good. ♥

Anonymous said...

These are some super lovely photos to look back on :) Keep it up lady!

Holly Knitlightly said...

I loved this post! So glad that I found your blog! :) I can't wait to see all of the awesome things that you accomplish this year!